If you and your baby experience feeding issues – including latching problems, low milk supply, or maybe little ones that need a little extra nourishment or help to learn how to feed – then the Silicone Feeding Tube Set could be of assistance to you. It helps you to overcome some of these common issues by connecting a bottle of supplemented milk to your breast via a tube, delivering a constant and controllable flow of milk to baby at the breast. Through the use of the Silicone Feeding Tube, both mother and baby can experience the natural physical sensation of breastfeeding, while encouraging mum’s supply and ensuring that baby receives adequate nutrition.
The flow of milk can be carefully controlled by adjusting the strength of your grip on the Gen. 3 Baby Bottle (sold separately), or by using the flow controller for a more consistent rate. Our Silicone Feeding Tube works seamlessly with our Haakaa Gen. 3 Silicone Baby Bottles and X-Shaped Variable Flow Teats (sold separately) but can also be used with any other baby bottle equipped with an X-shaped variable flow nipple (see caution tab). Simply place the bottle in an elevated position higher than the end of the outlet tube to start the flow of milk.
1 x Inlet Tube
1 x Outlet Tube
1 x Tube Adapter
1 x Flow Controller
1 x Cleaning Brush
1 x Medical Tape
1 x Carry Case
- Tube made of food-grade silicone.
- Flow Controller provides a consistent flow of liquid to baby at the breast.
- Provides supplemental feeds to babies who need them, while also giving mum and baby the sensation of breastfeeding.
- Long and slim tube for inconspicuous and discreet use.
- Additional flow control when used with squeezable Haakaa Gen. 3 bottles.
- PVC and phthalate-free.
How To Use the Haakaa Supplemental Silicone Feeding Tube Set:
- Insert the thicker inlet tube into the larger hole of the tube adaptor.
- Insert one end of the thinner outlet tube into the smaller hole of the tube adaptor and the other end into the flow controller.
- Push the inlet tube down through the X-shaped opening on the Variable Flow Nipple and pull it through until it is long enough to reach the milk in the bottle. Attach the nipple to the bottle.
- Place the end of the outlet tube 1-2cm away from your nipple and secure its position with medical tape.
- Place the bottle in an elevated position higher than the end of the outlet tube to start milk flow.
- Introduce your baby to your nipple and then gently place the thin outlet tube into their mouth to begin feeding.
- Squeeze the Gen. 3 Silicone Baby Bottle body to control milk flow. Increase pressure on the bottle to increase the milk flow speed or reduce pressure to slow it down. You can also use the flow controller to manage the milk flow speed, adjusting it to suit your child.PLEASE NOTE: Other cross-cut teats may be compatible with this product. However, please take caution when using these as the thick inlet tube can tear incompatible teats.
Before first use, disassemble and clean the product before placing non-plastic components in boiling water for 5 mins to sterilise. Wash before and after each subsequent use. To clean the tubing, fill the bottle with warm soapy water and squeeze to let it flow through the tubing. Use the included cleaning brush to scrub the inside of the wider parts of the tubing. To clean the thinner sections of the tubing, squeeze the bottle several times to flush through with warm soapy water. To rinse, flush several times again with clean, fresh water. Repeat as needed until clean.
Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product, as hard scourers may scratch the surface. Exposure to detergent may make the silicone in this product appear cloudy.
We strongly recommend cleaning and sterilising this product with any steam sterilising system or by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes. Avoid placing plastic components in boiling water or sterilisers. Do not use any bleach-based agents or sterilising tablets to clean this product. Do not use a UV steriliser to clean this product as it may impact its lifespan.
Check product condition before each use. Immediately discontinue use and replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Do not store near any sharp objects. While it may be compatible with other X-shaped teats, we recommend only using this product with a Haakaa Gen. 3 Variable Flow Nipple. Smaller teats may tear when inserting the tube. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended use. Store product in a cool, dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Adult use only. Keep out of the reach of children and pets when not in use.
Note: We recommend consulting with a breastfeeding or medical specialist if you have any concerns with breastfeeding and feel this product could be of assistance to you and your baby.